The sixth annual Big 5 Sport Challenge takes place between the 4th and 12th of July 2015 as part of the Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival. Michael Cannon, who City Logistics proudly sponsors, is currently competing at the sporting event.
Athletes taking on the Big 5 challenge will sign up to all all 5 races, and will then not only race against everyone else competing in the event but against other people signed up to do Big 5 challenge, too.
The athletes have to take part in five predetermined events and rankings will be done based athletes final finishing position for each race, which gives them points that accumulate over the week.
Below are the events the Big 5 Challenge comprises of, and Michael’s positioning:
1. Momentum Weekend Argus Rotary Knysna Cycle Tour – 80km MTB race
– Finished in 24th place overall and 3rd amongst Big 5 competitors
2. Knysna Dragons Lagoon Mile Swim -1.9km swim
– Finished in 26:13 and 7th in Big 5 Challenge
3. Salomon Featherbed Trail Run presented by GU – 15km trail run
4. Totalsports XTERRA presented by REHIDRAT – 5km run / 30km MTB / 5km run
5. Knysna Forest Half Marathon – 21.1km